Automate population of user profile fields

• kevin.mcquaid
    Participant
    # 1 month, 2 weeks ago

Apologies if there is already a help page on this but I could not find one.

I have successfully installed the single sign on plugin and connected to our AD account. When the user first tries to login it creates a user profile in the WordPress account as expected.

However, the user account is created with a username which is a long (random?) string. I then have to go into the user profile in WordPress, find the correct record and do the following:
    * Add a first name
    * Add a last name
    * Change the Display name to show the user name
    * Add an email address into the contact info section (I don’t really need this but the WP profile record won’t save without one)

Is there anyway I can automate this process?

Without automation I cannot see how I can determine which WordPress user relates to which AD user so if two users register at the same time I do not know which WordPress account to update.

Apart from this small issue I have found this plugin to be very reliable and it has saved many hours of headaches in linking the sign up process to AD.

anukasha
    Participant
    # 1 month, 2 weeks ago

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

The arbitrary string that you’re receiving as the username is actually the NameID configured at the IDP end.
    By default, in the free plugin, the username is mapped to the NameID which is sent by your IDP. To change the username, you will have to configure the attribute mapping section in the ‘Attribute/Role Mapping‘ tab of the plugin. Using paid versions of the plugin, you can directly map WordPress User Attributes like fname, lname, email, custom fields etc. to the information received from IDP so that user is always created or updated automatically with correct information.

I hope this answers your question.

Please feel free to reach out to us at info@xecurify.com if you have any further questions.

Thanks

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.