SSO login adds user to all sites in multisite network

• Peter Mumford
    # 1 month, 3 weeks ago

When a user logs in with SSO, they are added as a user to all sites in the network, with the default role. This is NOT an expected result. We have hundreds of sites in our network. Its very much a hassel for our users

Gaurav Singh
    # 1 month, 3 weeks ago

Hi Peter,

Please let me know the version of our plugin that you’re using, so that I can guide you further.
    You should be able to find the subsite specific settings in the plugin using which you can manage subsite specific user creation and role mapping.
    Also, if you can let me know the exact behavior you expect when a user logs in, I can suggest you the correct configuration changes required in the plugin.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Thanks,
    Gaurav Singh

Peter Mumford
    # 1 month, 1 week ago

Hi Gurav,
    We’re using MiniOrange SSO using SAML 2.0 12.18.1.
    We have a multisite network (intranet), with thousands of users and hundreds of sites. When a user logs in, I don’t expect the user’s privileges to be changed in any way. With the MiniOrange SSO plugin, every user is added to every site on the network, as a Subscriber. This is a data nightmare!

The problem also occurs when a new user is created: the new user is automatically added to ALL sites, as Subscriber.

Peter.
    P.S. I can’t log in to your forum, since I don’t use my work email for Google+, Twitter, etc.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)