SSO Solution for AWS Customer
Looking SSO solutions for one of our customer with AWS. Need more information about it and pricing.Pratish
Thank you for the email. We do have SSO solutions for AWS. To be able to give you more information I would need to have a better understanding of your use-case.
Are you looking for a way for the users to log into AWS from an external site/ web application? Or is it the opposite?
What technology is your web app built on? Are you using a CMS like WordPress, Drupal etc? Where are your users located today?
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Thank you for the reply. We are developing 2 Apps and Web Portal for Patients and Doctor using AWS platform. Requirement ->
It is proposed to provide links to the existing apps from the new portal and implement SSO (single sign on) for seamless user experience.
It is proposed that Portal would have a single login mechanism for Doctor and Patient and depending on who logs into the portal, a list of functionality, menu / sub-menu will be available to that user on the portal.
Thanks & Regards,
Thank you for sharing your use-case with us.
I am summarizing what I think your SSO requirements are. Please do correct me if I am getting anything wrong:
1. You are building a Web Portal using AWS platform.
2. You want to have links from that portal to two other web applications.
3. Users who are already logged in to the Web Portal click on the links and get seamlessly logged into those applications.
I just have a few more questions.:
1. Where are your user credentials stored today?
2. Which platform is your Web Portal going to be built on: php / java / .net etc?
3. Do the other two web applications support SAML protocol for SSO?
Regarding your questions:
1. Credentials are stored in the local system. Web portal can be developed either in php, java or .net but mostly will be using .net platform.
2. Other web application and app may or may not support SAML, but SSO application solution product should support future compatibility with any web based application or app.
Thanks & Regards,
Just to be sure you have :
7 Android apps in total including the Doctor & Patient Apps.
4 Web Portals in total including the Doctor, Patient portals & the main Web Portal that you are currently building.
Would it be possible to tell me the technology used to build the 4 web portals. Are all of them built in .NET?
Let me know.
We will have:
Total 11 android/ios Apps including Doctor and Patient Apps.
Total 6 Web portals including Doctor and Patient Portals.
Doctor and Patients portals will be built in .NET, 2 existing web portals are built in .NET, but not sure of other two. Currently, an individual application can be logged in with their individual logins.
We are not building any main web portal but expecting built-in solution(SSO application/Identity Managment) as a platform discussed to connect all the above application using SSO.
Please let us know in case you need more information.
Thanks & regards,
Few last questions:
Where are your users located? I am talking in terms of the Android Apps & Portal that you have already built. You mentioned all your Mobile Apps and Web Portals have their own separate local database where the user needs to signUp. Does this mean the user on Mobile App and the user on the portal are not connected by any means? And user on one portal is in no way connected to the user on another portal?
Currently users data stored in respective system user master tables. yes, each system having separate record for users and needs separate login each time.
Based on your requirements that you specified we have come up with the following proposal and estimate.
To give you a summary the proposal includes the solution for the following:
1. A Single Sign On solution for 6 Web Applications.
2. A Single Sign On solution for 11 Android & Ios Applications.
You can have a look at the Design Proposal section of the proposal for more details for the same.
Have a look and let me know if you have any further queries or thoughts.
Thanks for your help. I will check and let you know if I have any queries.
Thanks & regards,
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.